Adhatoda Powder - Cold & Cough, Lungs Care, Stomach Care, Ulcer Care, and Skin Care
Adhatoda Vasica is a drug of choice for respiratory diseases in Ayurveda. It is the main ingredient in every proprietary ayurvedic medicine used for cough and asthma. It is a simple, easily available, and safe herb, which gives relief from bacterial infections and throat problems
The soothing action helps irritation in the throat and the expectorant will help loosen phlegm deposits in the airway which makes Adhatoda a good remedy for a sore throat.
Adhatoda Vasica (also called Vasaka) is an ayurvedic medicinal plant used for cough, asthma, breathing trouble, nasal congestion, bleeding disorders, allergic conditions, upper respiratory infections, excessive uterine bleeding, heavy menstruation, and epistaxis (nosebleed).
Adhatoda Vasica (Vasaka) has mucolytic, expectorant, and bronchodilator action, so it is greatly used in respiratory troubles. It relieves cough, fights off respiratory infections, and helps in the management of asthma.
Benefits of Adhatoda Powder
- Adhatoda gives instant relief from cold & cough, reduces inflammation, wheezing and it eases breathing. Adhatoda helps to treat yellow thick sputum and has a fever, wheezing, or difficulty in coughing up the sputum. Adhatoda gives relief from bacterial infections and throat problems.
- Adhatoda clears the bronchial tubes and reduces the cough, Production of sputum, fatigue, breathlessness, and chest discomfort associated with bronchitis. Adhatoda has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that reduce inflammation of sinuses and fight off infections. Adhatoda reduces the blockage of sinuses and removes pus or fluid from them.
- Adhatoda has good results in dyspepsia, gastritis, or acidity. Adhatoda reduces acid formation in the stomach.
- Adhatoda has an anti-ulcer property that can reduce ulcers and also it can help in peptic and duodenal ulcers.
- Adhatoda is excellent for treating all skin related diseases. Adhatoda can be used as a poultice for treating all kinds of skin diseases as it is very soothing.
சித்தா – Siddha Properties
கைப்பு, கசப்பு - Kaippu, Kasappu (Bitter)
மென்மை - Menmai (Softness)
வெப்பவீரியம் - Veppaveeriyam (Heating Effect)
கைப்பு/கசப்பு - Kaippu/Kasappu (Bitter), கார்ப்பு - Karppu (Hot), and துவர்ப்பு - Tuvarppu (Acrid/Astringent) may be converted to கார்ப்பு - Karppu (Hot)
आयुर्वेद – Ayurvedic Properties
तिक्त - Tikta (Bitter), कषाय - Kasaya (Astringent)
लघु - Laghu (Light)
शीत - Shita (Cold)
कटु - Katu (Hot) Vipaka