Amla Juice - Immune Booster, Cardiac Care, Cancer, Digestive Care, Skin Care, Hair Care, and Diabetes
Indian gooseberry, Nellikkai, or Amla is very nutritious and has the ability to control imbalances caused by vaat (air), Pitta (bile), and kapha (phlegm).
Indian gooseberry, Nellikkai, or Amla has innumerable health benefits. It is good for the eyes and hair. It is a heart tonic that makes the heart strong. It has anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal activities. It is useful in preventing recurring colds and coughs. Its vitamin C is better absorbed in the body than a synthetic one. Its daily intake helps the body to fight infections in a better way. It also contains gallic acid, proteins, carbohydrates, calcium, phosphorus, iron, and amino acids.
Indian gooseberry, Nellikkai, or Amla is a well-known fruit and used in Siddha and Ayurveda in the preparation of various medicine. It is a Rasayana that prevents aging, rejuvenates the body, and gives longevity. It is the richest source of vitamin C which is an anti-oxidant. Amla also contains protein, iron, minerals, and amino acids. It is very good for the digestive system. Amla helps in the removal of free radicals responsible for aging. It is also helpful in new cell generations.
Whether eaten raw, mixed with other herbs, or dried and used as a seasoning, amla fruit is one of the healthiest fruits. The amla fruit has 30 times more vitamin C than an orange, which makes it one of the richest vitamin C fruits available. Research has proven that vitamin C can reduce the severity of colds, act as a natural antihistamine, and boost the immune system.
Research has proven that amla can help prevent free radicals, fight cancer and reduce inflammations caused by various conditions because it is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory chemicals such as quercetin, gallic and ellagic acids, and corilagin.
Benefits of Amla Juice
- Amla contains Vitamin C which makes blood vessels stronger and thicker. It also improves immunity so that it can fight against infections easily.
- Reduces the risk of heart disease by regulating the build-up of bad cholesterol.
- Amla is rich in antioxidants that help in fighting free radicals in the body. This reduces cell damage and also the risk of cancer and inflammation
- Amla has a high fibre content which works wonderfully for the digestive system. It's an effective cure for constipation, hyperacidity and stomach ulcers.
- Amla helps in glowing skin and also keeps it hydrated.
- Amla is great for hair. It cures dandruff and also helps in preventing hair loss.
- Amla contains chromium which makes the body more responsive to insulin and regulates the blood glucose levels.
சித்தா – Siddha Properties
- சுவை - Suvai (Taste)
இனிப்பு - Inippu (Sweet), புளிப்பு - Pulippu (Sour), துவர்ப்பு - Tuvarppu (Acrid/Astringent)
- குணம் - Gunam (Property/Character)
மென்மை - Menmai (Softness), வறட்சி - Varatchi (Dryness)
- வீரியம் - Veeriyam (Potence)
வெப்பவீரியம் - Veppaveeriyam (Heating Effect)
- விபாகம் - Vibagam (Ultimate Taste)
இனிப்பு - Inippu (Sweet) and உவர்ப்பு - Uppu (Salt) may be converted to இனிப்பு - Inippu(Sweet)
आयुर्वेद – Ayurvedic Properties
- रस/स्वाद - Rasa/Svaad (Taste)
मधुर - Madhura (Sweet), अम्ल - Amla (Sour), कटु - Katu (Hot), तिक्त - Tikta (Bitter), कषाय - Kasaya (Astringent)
- गुण - Guna (Property/Character)
लघु - Laghu (Light), रूक्ष - Ruksha (Dry)
- वीर्य - Virya (Potence)
शीत - Shita (Cold)
- विपाक - Vipaka (Ultimate Taste)
मधुर - Madhura (Sweet) Vipaka