Ashwagandha Powder - Stress Relief, Neuro Care, Cardiac Care, Memory Booster, Cancer, Diabetes, and Sexual Wellness
Ashwagandha also known as Withania somnifera which was originally used in traditional Indian Ayurvedic medicine. This herb is becoming increasingly popular in the west and is most well known for its ability to reduce stress and promote a calmer and happier sense of being. A growing body of evidence is being collated around this powerful herb with an impressive variety of health benefits.
Ashwagandha is an adaptogenic meaning it can adapt to your body’s needs by balancing out levels, such as hormones and immune cells, to create stability in the body and support our immune system.
Ashwagandha has been used for over 3,000 years to relieve stress, increase energy levels, and improve concentration. Ashwagandha is Sanskrit for the smell of the horse (Ashwa – Horse and Gandha – Smell) which refers to both its unique smell and ability to increase strength. Many of its health benefits are attributed to its high concentration of withanolides, which have been shown to fight inflammation and tumour growth.
Ayurvedic medicine uses herbs, special diets, and other natural practices as treatment for a variety of conditions. In Ayurvedic medicine, ashwagandha is considered a Rasayana. That means it’s an herb that helps maintain youth, both mentally and physically.
Benefits of Ashwagandha Powder
- Ashwagandha Supports adrenal glands to reduce stress and anxiety. Ashwagandha supports the adrenal glands which improve thyroid function as well.
- Ashwagandha acts as a pain reliever on the nervous system to prevent pain. Ashwagandha has anti-inflammatory properties which is effective in treating forms of arthritis.
- Ashwagandha helps to treat high blood pressure, high cholesterol, chest pain , heart diseases and also improves muscle strength.
- Ashwagandha has the ability to slow or prevent loss of brain function in people with diseases like Alzheimer’s, Huntington’s, and Parkinson’s.
- Ashwagandha might be able to stop cell growth in certain cancers. Ashwagandha has the potential to slow human cancers including breast, lung, kidney, and prostate.
- Ashwagandha reduces blood sugar levels through its effects on insulin secretion and sensitivity.
- Ashwagandha helps to increase testosterone levels and significantly boosts sperm quality and fertility in men.
சித்தா – Siddha Properties
கைப்பு, கசப்பு - Kaippu, Kasappu (Bitter), துவர்ப்பு - Tuvarppu (Acrid/Astringent)
மென்மை - Menmai (Softness)
வெப்பவீரியம் - Veppaveeriyam (Heating Effect)
கைப்பு/கசப்பு - Kaippu/Kasappu (Bitter), கார்ப்பு - Karppu (Hot), and துவர்ப்பு - Tuvarppu (Acrid/Astringent) may be converted to கார்ப்பு - Karppu (Hot)
आयुर्वेद – Ayurvedic Properties
तिक्त - Tikta (Bitter), कषाय - Kasaya (Astringent)
लघु - Laghu (Light)
उष्ण - Ushna (Hot)
मधुर - Madhura (Sweet) Vipaka