Bhringaraja Powder - Liver Care, Antioxidants, Hair Care, Skin Care, Cold & Cough, Memory Booster, Immune Booster, Stress Relief, and Cardiac Care
Bhringraj is in the sunflower family and grows best in moist places including Thailand, India, and Brazil. Apart from benefitting hair, it helps the body in numerous ways. Bhringraj is good for the skin and also helps in dealing with respiratory problems. Bhringraj has been used as an effective home remedy in India for centuries. Botanically, Eclipta alba (Linn.) Hassk of family Asteraceae is also known as Eclipta prostrata (Linn.)
Bhringraj health benefits include its uses in liver and spleen enlargement, indigestion, abdominal diseases, and hemorrhoid. It also promotes hair growth. Medically, Bhringaraja is known as Eclipta prostrata or Eclipta alba.
The plant comes in 4 species with flowers in a variety of colours. The white and yellow varieties are the ones that are extensively used in Ayurveda. There are many bioactive glycosides in Bhringaraj, such as eclalbasaponin I and eclalbasaponin II to name a few – which account for its numerous health benefits.
Bhringraj helps in the treatment of respiratory tract disorders like bronchitis and asthma. These disorders are a result of inflammation in airways which are responsible for carrying air to and from the lungs. This inflammation causes wheezing, coughing, and shortness of breath. Anti-inflammatory properties of Bhringraj help in easing these respiratory problems.
Benefits of Bhringaraja Powder
- Bhringraj acts as hepatoprotective and stimulates regeneration of hepatic cells. It helps in treatment of Jaundice. Bhringraj protects the liver against alcohol toxicity.
- Antioxidants present in this herb lowers the toxic load on the liver and thus improve its overall functioning.
- Bhringraj promotes hair growth, prevents graying of hair and makes hair lustrous. Bhringraj treats dandruff and dry scalp & also prevents hair fall.
- Bhringraj is good for skin. Bhringraj helps in soothing inflamed skin.
- Bhringraj is effective in treating cough, headache and lung infections.
- Bhringraj improves Alzheimer’s related memory loss.
- Bhringraj improves immunity.
- Bhringraj promotes relaxation and sleep.
- Bhringraj is good for heart health.
சித்தா – Siddha Properties
- சுவை - Suvai (Taste)
- குணம் - Gunam (Property/Character)
- வீரியம் - Veeriyam (Potence)
- விபாகம் - Vibagam (Ultimate Taste)
आयुर्वेद – Ayurvedic Properties
- रस/स्वाद - Rasa/Svaad (Taste)
कटु - Katu (Hot), तिक्त - Tikta (Bitter)
- गुण - Guna (Property/Character)
तीक्ष्ण - Tikshna (Sharp), रूक्ष - Ruksha (Dry)
- वीर्य - Virya (Potence)
उष्ण - Ushna (Hot)
- विपाक - Vipaka (Ultimate Taste)
कटु - Katu (Hot) Vipaka