Bitter Gourd Powder - Diabetes, Cancer, Immune Booster, Liver Care, Cholesterol, Weight Loss, Hair Care, and Skin Care
Bitter Gourd contains many nutrients that can be beneficial to your health. It’s linked to lowering blood sugar, which some studies suggest means it can aid in diabetes treatment.
Bitter Gourd is linked to lowering the body’s blood sugar. This is because the bitter melon has properties that act like insulin, which helps bring glucose into the cells for energy. The consumption of bitter melon can help your cells utilize glucose and move it to your liver, muscles, and fat.
Bitter Gourd Powder
Bitter Gourd may also be able to help your body retain nutrients by blocking their conversion to glucose that ends up in your bloodstream.
As a fruit that also has the properties of a vegetable, bitter melon contains a wide variety of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It has been recognized by many cultures as having medicinal value. Some of its nutritional benefits include:
1. Vitamins C, A, E, B-1, B-2, B-3, and B-9
2. Minerals like potassium, calcium, zinc, magnesium, phosphorus, and iron
3. Antioxidants like phenols, flavonoids, and others
Benefits of Bitter Gourd Powder
- Bitter Gourd has a compound that functions similar to insulin which reduces the blood glucose in both types I and types II diabetes
- Bitter Gourd fights against cancer cells proliferation and stops tumour formation. Bitter Gourd can reduce the risk of breast, colon and prostate cancer.
- Bitter Gourd boosts immunity and prevents allergies and infections.
- Bitter Gourd boosts the liver enzymes and is a good cure for a hangover as it reduces alcohol deposits on the liver.
- Bitter Gourd reduces LDL(Bad Cholesterol) and decreases the risk of a heart attack.
- Bitter Gourd aids in weight loss as it is low in calories and fibre-rich. Bitter Gourd improves metabolism and antioxidants help detoxify the body leading to the reduction in fat.
- Bitter Gourd adds shine to the hair, fights against dandruff, reduces hair loss and improves split ends.
- Bitter Gourd is rich in antioxidants and Vitamin A and C which reduces ageing and fights acne and skin blemishes. Bitter Gourd is useful in treating various skin infections like ringworm, psoriasis and itching.
சித்தா – Siddha Properties
கைப்பு, கசப்பு - Kaippu, Kasappu (Bitter), கார்ப்பு - Karppu (Hot)
மென்மை - Menmai (Softness)
வெப்பவீரியம் - Veppaveeriyam (Heating Effect)
கைப்பு/கசப்பு - Kaippu/Kasappu (Bitter), கார்ப்பு - Karppu (Hot), and துவர்ப்பு - Tuvarppu (Acrid/Astringent) may be converted to கார்ப்பு - Karppu (Hot)
आयुर्वेद – Ayurvedic Properties
कटु - Katu (Hot), तिक्त - Tikta (Bitter)
लघु - Laghu (Light), रूक्ष - Ruksha (Dry)
उष्ण - Ushna (Hot)
कटु - Katu (Hot) Vipaka