About Black Cumin
Black Cumin Powder - Liver Care, Diabetes, Lungs Care, Memory Booster, Cardiac Care, Blood Pressure, Skin Care, and Immune Booster
Black cumin – Nigella sativa L. belongs to the family Ranunculaceae is a flowering plant that has been used for centuries as a spice and food preservative. The seeds have been added as a spice to a variety of Persian foods such as bread, yogurt, pickles, sauces, and salads.
Black Cumin Powder
Black cumin (Nigella sativa) has been widely used as liver tonics, antihypertensive, diuretics, digestive, immunomodulator, analgesic, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, spasmolytic, and bronchodilator. It is composed of unsaturated fatty acid that includes arachidonic, eicosadienoic, linoleic, and linolenic acid. The saturated fatty acids present in the oil are palmitic, stearic, and myristic acid.
The Black cumin (Nigella sativa) seeds contain carotene, which is converted by the liver to vitamin A. The seeds are also a source of calcium, iron, and potassium.
Benefits of Black Cumin Powder
- Black cumin has hepato-protective activity. It protects hepatic tissue from deleterious effects of toxic metals such as lead, and attenuates hepatic lipid peroxidation following exposure to toxic chemicals.
- Black cumin is therapeutically helpful in the treatment of non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus.
- Black cumin reduces inflammation and relax smooth muscles, easing the symptoms of people with asthma.
- Long term administration of Nigella sativa improves memory and learning activity.
- Black cumin (Nigella sativa) has cardioprotective effect . It decreases arterial blood pressure and also decreases heart rates.
- Black cumin helps in lowering blood pressure in patients with mild hypertension.
- Black cumin (Nigella sativa) seed is used to cure worms and skin eruptions.
- Black cumin acts as an immunomodulator. It stimulates the body's energy and helps recovery from fatigue and dispiritedness.
சித்தா – Siddha Properties
கைப்பு, கசப்பு - Kaippu, Kasappu (Bitter), கார்ப்பு - Karppu (Hot)
மென்மை - Menmai (Softness), வறட்சி - Varatchi (Dryness)
வெப்பவீரியம் - Veppaveeriyam (Heating Effect)
கைப்பு/கசப்பு - Kaippu/Kasappu (Bitter), கார்ப்பு - Karppu (Hot), and துவர்ப்பு - Tuvarppu (Acrid/Astringent) may be converted to கார்ப்பு - Karppu (Hot)
आयुर्वेद – Ayurvedic Properties
कटु - Katu (Hot), तिक्त - Tikta (Bitter)
लघु - Laghu (Light), रूक्ष - Ruksha (Dry)
उष्ण - Ushna (Hot)
कटु - Katu (Hot) Vipaka