Brahmi Powder - Memory Booster, Stress Relief, Antioxidants, Immune Booster, Skin Care, Diabetes, Hair Care, and Bone Care
Brahmi or Vallarai Keerai is a very popular medicinal herb used widely in India. Vallarai keerai is used to treat various diseases like fever, ulcers, and diarrhea. It is also very good for hair and skin diseases. One of the oldest and most powerful brain tonic used in ayurvedic system from ancient times is Brahmi. Leaf of the Brahmi resembles the structure of cerebellum and this herb is best used in brain related disorders that promotes intelligence. Brahmi is ayurvedic herb which is also used in gut infections.
Brahmi or Vallarai Keerai common names are hyssop, herb of grace and water hyssop. Various alkaloids brahmine, narcotine, herpestine, mannitol, hersaponin, bacaposide, cucurbutacin and triterpenoid saponins in this herb which are very effective for the body. Brahmi is ayurvedic herb which is also used in gut infections. Brahmi is a therapeutic herb commonly used as a memory enhancer, aphrodisiac and a health tonic.
Benefits of Brahmi Powder
- Brahmi helps to treat Alzheimer’s disease due to the presence of the amyloid compound in the neuron that is responsible for damaging the brain. Brahmi contains Bacosides which helps in rebuilding brain tissues by influencing the brain cells.
- Brahmi reduces stress and anxiety as it decreases the levels of cortisol which is known as stress hormone.
- Brahmi is full of antioxidants that are essential for living a healthy life. Antioxidants help in removing free radicals that can further mutate into cancer cells.
- Brahmi helps in strengthening the immune system. Brahmi helps to increase the response time of the immune system against various diseases and ailments.
- Brahmi helps in removing all the toxins from the body and enhances skin complexion by stimulating cell regeneration.
- Brahmi helps to regulate the blood sugar levels which helps to treat diabetes.
- Brahmi helps to treat dry scalp, dandruff, itchiness, formation of split ends and prevents hair fall.
- Brahmi helps relieve arthritis , gout and other inflammatory conditions. Brahmi also helps in soothing gastric ulcers and treating irritable bowel syndrome.
சித்தா – Siddha Properties
- சுவை - Suvai (Taste)
இனிப்பு - Inippu (Sweet), புளிப்பு - Pulippu (Sour), துவர்ப்பு - Tuvarppu (Acrid/Astringent)
- குணம் - Gunam (Property/Character)
மென்மை - Menmai (Softness), வறட்சி - Varatchi (Dryness)
- வீரியம் - Veeriyam (Potence)
வெப்பவீரியம் - Veppaveeriyam (Heating Effect)
- விபாகம் - Vibagam (Ultimate Taste)
இனிப்பு - Inippu (Sweet) and உவர்ப்பு - Uppu (Salt) may be converted to இனிப்பு - Inippu(Sweet)
आयुर्वेद – Ayurvedic Properties
- रस/स्वाद - Rasa/Svaad (Taste)
मधुर - Madhura (Sweet), अम्ल - Amla (Sour), कटु - Katu (Hot), तिक्त - Tikta (Bitter), कषाय - Kasaya (Astringent)
- गुण - Guna (Property/Character)
लघु - Laghu (Light), रूक्ष - Ruksha (Dry)
- वीर्य - Virya (Potence)
शीत - Shita (Cold)
- विपाक - Vipaka (Ultimate Taste)
मधुर - Madhura (Sweet) Vipaka