About Climbing Brinjal
Climbing Brinjal Powder - Cold & Cough, Liver Care, Immune Booster, Diabetes, Antiinflammatory, and Skin Care
Climbing Brinjal belongs to the Solanaceae family. It has alkaloids, steroids, saponins, flavonoids making it a preferable plant for treatment. The leaves contain a rich amount of calcium, iron, phosphorus, carbohydrates, fat, crude fiber,and minerals. It is also called as purple fruited pea eggplant and Nightshade.
Various parts of the plant such as roots, berries and flowers are used for treating respiratory ailments. The decoction of berries and flowers is a folk remedy for cough and chronic bronchitis. The leaves are given to increase fertility in males by treating watery semen and spermatorrhoea. In Siddha, medicated ghee of leaves is medicine for tuberculosis and lung congestion. The leaves and fruits of the plant contain many phytochemicals such as steroidal alkaloid and solasodine, etc. due to which plant exhibits antimitotic, anti-tumor, antibacterial and antifungal activities.
Climbing Brinjal Powder
Climbing Brinjal (Solanum trilobatum) is a known shrub, familiar as ‘Thoothuvalai’ and is distributed in various Asian countries, including India, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Singapore, and Malaysia. In Ayurveda and Siddha medicinal systems, the roots and leaves are prescribed to heal various respiratory tract problems, including acute and chronic bronchitis, asthma, sinusitis, tonsillitis, common cold, cough, and pulmonary infections. The leaves are mainly used in treating dyspepsia, spermatorrhoea, tuberculosis, ear problems, and bacterial infections.
Climbing Brinjal has been extensively studied for various pharmacological activities including antibacterial, antifungal, antioxidant, antidiabetic, hepatoprotective, antinociceptive, anti-ulcerogenic, anti-inflammatory, and mosquitocidal activity.
Benefits of Climbing Brinjal Powder
- Instant relief from Cold and Cough. Best remedy for tuberculosis, bronchial asthma, difficulty in breathing, sinus, chest congestion and other respiratory problems.
- The antioxidant and anti hepatotoxicity property in the Climbing Brinjal prevents any liver damage and infection. Climbing Brinjal helps to treat lung cancer.
- Climbing Brinjal is considered as the very good medicine for getting strength and energy in the body. Steroids present in the Climbing Brinjal give strength and stamina to the human being.
- Climbing Brinjal contains antioxidant properties which helps to manage levels of blood glucose.
- Climbing Brinjal has anti-inflammatory properties and anti-microbial activity helps asthma patients with a fresh breath of life.
- Climbing Brinjal contains anti-aging properties which enhances the skin health.
சித்தா – Siddha Properties
கைப்பு, கசப்பு - Kaippu, Kasappu (Bitter)
வெம்மை - Vemmai (Hot)
வெப்பவீரியம் - Veppaveeriyam (Heating Effect)
கைப்பு/கசப்பு - Kaippu/Kasappu (Bitter), கார்ப்பு - Karppu (Hot), and துவர்ப்பு - Tuvarppu (Acrid/Astringent) may be converted to கார்ப்பு - Karppu (Hot)
आयुर्वेद – Ayurvedic Properties
कटु - Katu (Hot), तिक्त - Tikta (Bitter)
उष्ण - Ushna (Hot)
उष्ण - Ushna (Hot)
कटु - Katu (Hot) Vipaka, तिक्त - Tikta (Bitter) Vipaka