About Dill Seeds (Sadhakuppai)
Dill Seeds (Sadhakuppai) Powder - Urinary Tract Infection, Stomach Care, Cold & Cough, and Menstrual Care
Sadhakuppai is also known as Dill, Garden Dill, Dill Weed, and Dilly. This plant possesses a number of medicinal properties. The scientific name of Sadhakuppai is Anethum Sowa.
The seeds of this plant are widely used in the form of spice while the leaves are used as condiments for seasoning and flavoring different types of foods.
In the traditional medicine system, it is used for the treatment of impaired digestion, colic, and digestive troubles. The plant has been mentioned in ancient Ayurveda as Shatpushpa. The paste of this plant in combination with milk, castor seeds, and flax seeds can be used for joint swellings and Rheumatic Arthritis.
Dill Seeds (Sadhakuppai) Powder
Sadhakuppai has a massive nutritional content of vitamins, minerals, and organic compounds.
- Monoterpenes like Limonene, Carvone, and Anaethofuran are found in abundance.
- Sadhakuppai has a good store of flavonoids like vicenin and kaempferol.
- Sadhakuppai contains Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Folate, Iron, and manganese.
Sadhakuppai helps prevent bugs. It can be used to store grains over a period of time and the harmful effects of chemical-based poisonous insecticides can also be reduced.
This attribute makes it good for preventing and fighting hair lice too. Apart from this, it is a very common ingredient as a flavoring herb in various cuisines of the world.
Benefits of Dill Seeds (Sadhakuppai) Powder
- Sadhakuppai useful in increasing secretion and discharge of urine and in counteracting spasmodic disorders. It helps to improve stomach function.
- Sadhakuppai helps to cure Diarrhea and Dysentery.
- Sathakuppai seeds are effective in respiratory disorders like colds, influenza and bronchitis.
- Sathakuppai is useful in stimulating and regulating menstrual flow. It is effective in spasmodic menstrual pain in young girls and absence of menstruation due to anaemia, exposure to cold and pregnancy.
சித்தா – Siddha Properties
கைப்பு, கசப்பு - Kaippu, Kasappu (Bitter), கார்ப்பு - Karppu (Hot)
நெய்ப்பு - Neippu (Wetness)
வெப்பவீரியம் - Veppaveeriyam (Heating Effect)
கைப்பு/கசப்பு - Kaippu/Kasappu (Bitter), கார்ப்பு - Karppu (Hot), and துவர்ப்பு - Tuvarppu (Acrid/Astringent) may be converted to கார்ப்பு - Karppu (Hot)
आयुर्वेद – Ayurvedic Properties
कटु - Katu (Hot), तिक्त - Tikta (Bitter)
स्निग्ध - Snigdha (Oily)
उष्ण - Ushna (Hot)
कटु - Katu (Hot) Vipaka