Guduchi (Giloy) Powder - Immune Booster, Antioxidants, Bone Care, Cardiac Care, Diabetes, Neuro Care, and Cold & Cough
Giloy is extensively used in Ayurvedic medicine, Giloy is often called the “root of immortality”. The herb has numerous health benefits. It is a powerhouse of antioxidants, which fight free radicals and thus reduces your risk of deadly diseases like cancer.
Guduchi (Giloy) Powder
Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia) is a climbing shrub that grows on other trees, from the botanical family Menispermaceae. The plant is native to India but also found in China and tropical areas of Australia and Africa.Giloy is also called giloe, guduchi, and amrita, among other names. The word “giloe” is a Hindu mythological term. It refers to a mythical heavenly elixir that keeps celestial beings eternally young.
Giloy removes toxins from the body, purifies the blood and fights bacteria. It is especially beneficial for people with liver disease. It is antipyretic in nature, which means it can reduce fever and ease the symptoms of life-threatening fevers like dengue, swine flu and malaria.
Benefits of Guduchi (Giloy) Powder
- Tinospora cordifolia or Giloy boost the phagocytic activity of macrophages which acts as a defense in our body and plays a crucial role in innate (nonspecific) and adaptive (specific) immunity.
- Giloy have both flavonoids and polyphenols which serves as a source of nutraceuticals that alleviate the oxidative stress and helps in prevention and reduction of the chronic degenerative diseases with consequent health benefits.
- Tinospora cordifolia or Giloy helps to reduce joint pain and inflammation associated with arthritis by decreasing the synthesis of proinflammatory cytokines.
- Tinospora cordifolia or Giloy modulates lipid metabolism via inhibiting glucuronide and cholesterol and also protects hearts against infarction with its antioxidant properties.
- Tinospora cordifolia or Giloy works like hypoglycemic agent which stimulates the production of insulin secretion from the pancreas and helps to lower blood sugar levels.
- Tinospora cordifolia or Giloy possess significant neuroprotective activity, it modulates the antioxidant enzyme system of brain tissue and preserve the dopaminergic neurons.
- Giloy has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties which pacifies the mucous membrane of the respiratory system thereby making it very effective in respiratory issues like asthma, cough, cold and tonsils.
சித்தா – Siddha Properties
கைப்பு, கசப்பு - Kaippu, Kasappu (Bitter), கார்ப்பு - Karppu (Hot)
மென்மை - Menmai (Softness), வறட்சி - Varatchi (Dryness)
வெப்பவீரியம் - Veppaveeriyam (Heating Effect)
கைப்பு/கசப்பு - Kaippu/Kasappu (Bitter), கார்ப்பு - Karppu (Hot), and துவர்ப்பு - Tuvarppu (Acrid/Astringent) may be converted to கார்ப்பு - Karppu (Hot)
आयुर्वेद – Ayurvedic Properties
कटु - Katu (Hot), तिक्त - Tikta (Bitter)
लघु - Laghu (Light), रूक्ष - Ruksha (Dry)
उष्ण - Ushna (Hot)
कटु - Katu (Hot) Vipaka