Indian Acalypha Powder - Skin Care, Antimicrobial, Liver Care, Diabetes, Cold & Cough, Constipation, Antioxidants, Cardiac Care, and Eye Care
Acalypha Indica plant is used widely in traditional Ayurvedic medicine. It holds a highly valued place in traditional Siddha medicine practiced in many parts of India. Apart from India, Acalypha Indica is also found extensively in many other countries like India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Yemen, South Africa, and also the tropical regions of Africa.
Indian Acalypha Powder
Acalypha Indica shows that the plant contains phenolic compounds, steroids, flavonoids, saponins, and tannins. It contains an alkaloid, acalyphine along with cyanogenic glycoside, inositol, resin, triatomine, and volatile oils. Acalypha Indica has been used widely in Indian Ayurvedic medicine for treating various ailments. The leaves, roots, and young shoots of Acalypha Indica are found to have powerful medicinal value.
Benefits of Indian Acalypha Powder
- Indian Acalypha is useful for relieving skin conditions like eczema, scabies, sores, and wounds. Indian Acalypha is a good remedy for getting rid of unwanted hair.
- Indian Acalypha has antibacterial properties which are used as a remedy for relieving acne and pimples. Indian Acalypha helps in healing wounds faster. Indian Acalypha contains flavonoid, terpenoid, and steroid types of compounds that make it useful as an analgesic and anti-inflammatory agent.
- Indian Acalypha has liver-protecting properties because of its antioxidant effect and hence is useful for treating hepatic dysfunction.
- Indian Acalypha helped in lowering blood glucose levels significantly. Polyphenols and steroids contained in Indian Acalypha play an important role in the antidiabetic activity.
- Indian Acalypha helps in removing phlegm from the respiratory tract and hence is useful in treating cough and breathing difficulties.
- Indian Acalypha has laxative properties which are used effectively in treating constipation. Indian Acalypha is a good remedy for killing and eliminating intestinal worms.
- Indian Acalypha shows significant antioxidant properties due to the presence of high levels of phenolic compounds and flavonoids in the plant.
- Indian Acalypha contains active metabolites that are capable of protecting the tissues of the heart from damage and also cardiovascular diseases.
- Indian Acalypha is used as eye drops in some countries for getting rid of eye infections.
சித்தா – Siddha Properties
கைப்பு, கசப்பு - Kaippu, Kasappu (Bitter), கார்ப்பு - Karppu (Hot)
மென்மை - Menmai (Softness), வறட்சி - Varatchi (Dryness)
வெப்பவீரியம் - Veppaveeriyam (Heating Effect)
கைப்பு/கசப்பு - Kaippu/Kasappu (Bitter), கார்ப்பு - Karppu (Hot), and துவர்ப்பு - Tuvarppu (Acrid/Astringent) may be converted to கார்ப்பு - Karppu (Hot)
आयुर्वेद – Ayurvedic Properties
कटु - Katu (Hot), तिक्त - Tikta (Bitter)
लघु - Laghu (Light), रूक्ष - Ruksha (Dry)
उष्ण - Ushna (Hot)
कटु - Katu (Hot) Vipaka