Kantakari Powder - Cold & Cough, Neuro Care, Liver Care, Vomiting & Nausea, Migraine, Bone Care, Oral Care, Digestive Care, Hair Care, Renal Care, and Lungs Care
Kantkari is used in Ayurveda, Siddha, and Unani to treat a variety of diseases. It is useful in treating worms, cough, hoarseness of voice, fever, painful urination, enlargement of the liver, muscular pain, and stone in the urinary bladder.
In migraine, asthma, and headache the juice of Kantakari leaf is administered through nasal.
The paste of the whole plant is applied to swollen and painful joints in arthritis. This gives relief in the swelling and pain.
The juice of berries is used in curing sore throat. The fruits of the Kantkari plant are edible and used as folk medicines to treat throat infections and other inflammatory problems. A decoction of the fruits of the plant is used by tribal and rural people of Orissa, India for the treatment of diabetes. The fruits are eaten as an anthelmintic and for indigestion.
Roots and seeds are used as an expectorant in asthma, cough, and pain in the chest.
Kantakari is also known as “Indian nightshade” or “Yellow-berried nightshade”. It is an important medicinal herb. Kantakari is used in treating tamaka swasa (bronchial asthma), kasa (cough) and hikka (hiccough), jwar (fever), shoth (swelling), etc. It is used as a single drug and also as an ingredient in various compound formulations for various diseases like kasa, shwasa, jwara, swara beda, Gulma, udharam, kushta, shopha, Hrdroga, etc. The powder of the plant is administered to cure chronic bronchitis.
Benefits of Kantakari Powder
- Very good remedy for chronic cough. Kantakari acts by balancing the cold in the body and helps to expel out mucus accumulated in the lungs.
- Kantakari gives relief from epilepsy attacks.
- Kantkari is a very good liver tonic. It is very beneficial in liver swelling and infection.
- Helps to cure Nausea, Vomiting, and low Appetite.
- Instant relief from Chronic Migraine.
- Kantakari helps to reduce bone and joint pain by balancing Vata.
- Kantakari can relieve toothache due to its anti-inflammatory property. It helps in reducing redness and inflammation in gums and provides instant relief.
- Kantakari helps to improve digestive fire and digests the food easily.
- Kantakari helps to cure hair fall and dandruff and also removes excessive dryness.
- Kantakari useful in treating stones in the urinary bladder.
- Kantakari helps to control the symptoms of asthma and gives relief in case of breathlessness.
சித்தா – Siddha Properties
கார்ப்பு - Karppu (Hot)
மென்மை - Menmai (Softness), வறட்சி - Varatchi (Dryness)
வெப்பவீரியம் - Veppaveeriyam (Heating Effect)
கைப்பு/கசப்பு - Kaippu/Kasappu (Bitter), கார்ப்பு - Karppu (Hot), and துவர்ப்பு - Tuvarppu (Acrid/Astringent) may be converted to கார்ப்பு - Karppu (Hot)
आयुर्वेद – Ayurvedic Properties
कटु - Katu (Hot)