Nilavembu Kudineer - Weight Loss, Cancer, Cold & Cough, Renal Care, Antioxidants, and Diabetes
Flax Seed was cultivated in Babylon as early as 3000 BC. In the 8th century, King Charlemagne believed so strongly in the health benefits of flaxseed that he passed laws requiring his subjects to consume it. Now, thirteen centuries later, some experts say we have preliminary research to back up what Charlemagne suspected.
Flax seeds are found in all kinds of today’s foods from crackers to frozen waffles to oatmeal. As part of a snack or meal, it’s easy to incorporate tasty and nutritious flaxseed as a staple ingredient in your own diet. Although flaxseed contains all sorts of healthy components.
Flax Seeds owes its primary healthy reputation to three of them,
- Omega-3 essential fatty acids – These are the good fats that have been shown to have beneficial effects on heart and inflammation in the body.
- Lignans – These have both plant estrogen and antioxidant qualities. Flaxseed contains 800 times more lignans than other plant foods.
- Fibre – Flaxseed contains both the soluble and insoluble types of fibres which have numerous health benefits. These tiny, brown flax seeds pack a powerful nutrition punch.
Flax seeds are a great source of healthy fiber needed by your body and can be consumed every day. Add it to your regular flour to make your everyday preparations.
Benefits of Nilavembu Kudineer
- High fibre present in the seed helps in reducing obesity. Fiber present in the flax seeds binds with the excess cholesterol and bile in the digestive tract and gets excreted out of the system. Thus reducing cholesterol levels.
- Endometrial and Ovarian Cancer – Flaxseed is the richest vegetable source of omega-3 fatty acids, the supplementation of flaxseeds results in a significant reduction in the severity and risk of ovarian cancer. Breast Cancer – Flax seeds demonstrate antiproliferative effects in the breast tissue of women at risk of breast cancer and may protect against primary breast cancer. Prostate Cancer in Men – Flax seeds reduces prostate cancer proliferation rates in men. Flax seeds are associated with biological alterations that may be protective for prostate cancer.
- The Lignans which are found in flax seeds have anti-viral and antibacterial properties hence consuming flax seeds regularly may help reduce the number or severity of colds and flu.
- Colon Tumour – Flax seeds containing high levels of omega-3 fatty acids and lignans are effective in preventing colon tumor development.
- Lignans are polyphenols naturally present in flax seeds. They are known to have antioxidant benefits of anti-aging, hormone balance, and cellular health.
- Flax seeds help to improve kidney function by decreasing the thickness of blood, reducing cholesterol levels, and reducing swelling.
சித்தா – Siddha Properties
- சுவை - Suvai (Taste)
இனிப்பு - Inippu (Sweet), புளிப்பு - Pulippu (Sour), துவர்ப்பு - Tuvarppu (Acrid/Astringent)
- குணம் - Gunam (Property/Character)
மென்மை - Menmai (Softness), வறட்சி - Varatchi (Dryness)
- வீரியம் - Veeriyam (Potence)
வெப்பவீரியம் - Veppaveeriyam (Heating Effect)
- விபாகம் - Vibagam (Ultimate Taste)
இனிப்பு - Inippu (Sweet) and உவர்ப்பு - Uppu (Salt) may be converted to இனிப்பு - Inippu(Sweet)
आयुर्वेद – Ayurvedic Properties
- रस/स्वाद - Rasa/Svaad (Taste)
मधुर - Madhura (Sweet), अम्ल - Amla (Sour), कटु - Katu (Hot), तिक्त - Tikta (Bitter), कषाय - Kasaya (Astringent)
- गुण - Guna (Property/Character)
लघु - Laghu (Light), रूक्ष - Ruksha (Dry)
- वीर्य - Virya (Potence)
शीत - Shita (Cold)
- विपाक - Vipaka (Ultimate Taste)
मधुर - Madhura (Sweet) Vipaka