Touch Me Not Powder - Piles, Menstrual Care, Skin Care, Stomach Care, Bone Care, Lungs Care, Hair Care, Diabetes, and Stress Relief
Touch Me Not belongs to the taxonomic group Magnoliopsida and family Mimosaseae and is native to Central America and South America. Nowadays it can also be found in Asia in countries such as Bangladesh, Thailand, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Japan, and Sri Lanka.
Mimosa comes from the Greek word mimics, which means ‘to mimic’ or ‘counterfeit’, through the Latin word mimus and suffix -OSA, which means ‘abounding in’, and refers to the many flowers that appear to be a single flower (Parsons and Cuthbertson, 1992).
Touch Me Not Powder
Touch Me Not is used as a folk anthelmintic medicine, during childbirth, and for infertility. Stems, leaves, and roots are used to treat insomnia, spasms, and convulsions in Vanuatu. The root is considered aphrodisiac and is used for bladder gravel and similar urinary complaints.
Touch Me Not is also used for hypertension, menorrhagia, glandular swelling, sore throat, and hoarseness. Leaves are used for hydrocoele, hemorrhoids, fistula, scrofula, conjunctivitis, wounds, and hemorrhages.
Benefits of Touch Me Not Powder
- Touch Me Not plants are very good medicine for treating Constipation, Piles, Fistula related problems.
- Touch Me Not balances the hormones in the body and relieves heavy bleeding during menstruation.
- Touch Me Not plant is useful to get rid of itchy skin.
- Touch Me Not plant helps to treat stomach ache and the problem of intestinal worms.
- Touch Me Not helps to reduce the swelling and pain from the joints. Touch Me Not plant also helps to treat fractures of the bone.
- Touch Me Not can help to treat Asthma.
- Touch Me Not plant helps in the growth of new hair cells and helps to control hair loss and baldness.
- Touch Me Not plant helps to reduce blood sugar levels which control diabetes.
- Touch Me Not is useful to treat Insomnia or Sleeplessness related problems.
சித்தா – Siddha Properties
கைப்பு, கசப்பு - Kaippu, Kasappu (Bitter), துவர்ப்பு - Tuvarppu (Acrid/Astringent)
மென்மை - Menmai (Softness), வறட்சி - Varatchi (Dryness)
குளிர்ச்சிவீரியம் - Kulirchiveeriyam (Cooling Effect)
கைப்பு/கசப்பு - Kaippu/Kasappu (Bitter), கார்ப்பு - Karppu (Hot), and துவர்ப்பு - Tuvarppu (Acrid/Astringent) may be converted to கார்ப்பு - Karppu (Hot)
आयुर्वेद – Ayurvedic Properties
तिक्त - Tikta (Bitter), कषाय - Kasaya (Astringent)
लघु - Laghu (Light), रूक्ष - Ruksha (Dry)
शीत - Shita (Cold)
कटु - Katu (Hot) Vipaka