Triphala Chooranam - Weight Loss, Stomach Care, Digestive Care, Immune Booster, Ulcer Care, Urinary Tract Infection, Bone Care, and Hair Care
Triphala means three fruits. Therefore, Triphala churna is not made of one single herbal ingredient, but a combination of three fruits. The three fruits include Haritaki or Terminalia chebula, Bibhitaki or Terminalia bellirica, and Amla or Emblica Officinalis. These fruits are completely dried, powdered and then mixed in the correct amounts to make the Triphala churna.
Ayurveda is a centuries-old Indian medicinal system. Triphala has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years. It’s thought to support bowel health and aid digestion. As an antioxidant, it’s also thought to detoxify the body and support the immune system.
Triphala is very high in antioxidants. It’s touted for its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiviral abilities, and it’s prescribed by Ayurvedic practitioners for a wide variety of ailments. These include strengthening the immune system, promoting oral health, and treating fatigue, gastric distress, pneumonia, cancer, and AIDS.
Benefits of Triphala Chooranam
- Triphala aids the secretion of cholecystokinin in the body which is helpful in quickly signalling the brain that the stomach is full. Triphala is also effective in reducing excess belly fat.
- Triphala helps in getting rid of all the deadly toxins from the body. Triphala is also good for skin by making it glow.
- Triphala regulates the bowel movements due to its laxative properties. Triphala also improves digestive health by strengthening rectal muscles, relieving flatulence and keeping the stomach clean.
- Triphala helps the body in building a better immune system, which is also effective in protecting the body against infections that may be caused due to Staphylococcus bacteria, Escherichia coli, etc.
- Triphala reduces the internal as well as external inflammation. Triphala also helps in restoring the enzymes in the body that keeps the toxins away from the body and helps in strengthening the mucous membrane of the stomach.
- Triphala helps to treat the urinary tract infection.
- Triphala is effective in maintaining good bone health by providing ample nutrients to the body. Triphala also flushes excessive amounts of uric acid from the body, which is responsible for bone and joint inflammation.
- Triphala helps to stimulate hair growth. Triphala is loaded with emollient properties, which are helpful in locking the moisture and thus preventing alopecia.
சித்தா – Siddha Properties
இனிப்பு - Inippu (Sweet), புளிப்பு - Pulippu (Sour), துவர்ப்பு - Tuvarppu (Acrid/Astringent)
மென்மை - Menmai (Softness), வறட்சி - Varatchi (Dryness)
வெப்பவீரியம் - Veppaveeriyam (Heating Effect)
இனிப்பு - Inippu (Sweet) and உவர்ப்பு - Uppu (Salt) may be converted to இனிப்பு - Inippu(Sweet)
आयुर्वेद – Ayurvedic Properties
मधुर - Madhura (Sweet), अम्ल - Amla (Sour), कटु - Katu (Hot), तिक्त - Tikta (Bitter), कषाय - Kasaya (Astringent)
लघु - Laghu (Light), रूक्ष - Ruksha (Dry)
शीत - Shita (Cold)
मधुर - Madhura (Sweet) Vipaka